A non-exhaustive list of everything Windmill has achieved from July 1, 2020 to Friday 28 May, 2021
It’s been a busy time for us at Windmill Theatre Co and we’re showing no sign of slowing down. We’re working across stage, screen and everything in between to make sure we keep our artists and audiences engaged so that we can reimagine what a theatre company can be in the new age.
Here are just some of the things we’ve been up to:
- Guaranteed payment of every artist on our 2020 roster, regardless of whether the show went on or not.
- The creation of Honey, I’m Home, an animated web-series from Chris Edser, Renate Henschke and Jonathon Oxlade made with over 35 artists from all over Australia.
- The appointment of Sasha Zahra, our new Associate Director.
- A sold-out season of Grug at Adelaide Festival Centre.
- The launch of Sun Runners, an immersive audio adventure made in collaboration with Audioplay and provided free to every student in South Australia.
- Presented the world premiere season of Hiccup by Jude Henshall and Ellen Steele at Adelaide Festival Centre, with 25% of tickets given free of charge to disadvantaged South Australian schools.
- Presented the world premiere season of Creation Creation at Adelaide Festival Centre’s DreamBIG Children’s Festival.
- Screened Honey, I’m Home at Nutrien Children’s Festival in Canada.
- Kicked off the first creative development on Sasha Zahra’s new work for Windmill.
- Begun rehearsals for our national tours of Amphibian and Beep
And, we’re not done yet. Click here to donate to Windmill and join us on our next great adventure.